THIS JOB IS PERFORMED AT THE HOSPITAL - NO REMOTE WORK IS AVAILABLE
Provides a record of patient care by transcribing and interpreting physicians' dictation into medical-legal documents.
* Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting transcription tapes and written instructions.
* Determines format and content by following written or dictated instructions.
* Establishes document format by entering commands for spacing, margins, type size, style and color, and other parameters.
* Helps physicians use dictation equipment by demonstrating dictation techniques and procedures.
* Prepares documents by using transcription equipment; applying knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology; employing listening skills to decipher various accents, dialects, and dictation styles; operating a word processor to input data.
* Corrects spelling and medical terminology errors by using dictionary and medical reference books.
* Edits documents by recognizing, interpreting, and evaluating repetitions, discrepancies, and inaccuracies in dictation; editing, revising, and clarifying without altering meaning and style.
* Complies with medical-legal policies, procedures, and priorities by perceiving medical documents as legal evidence, such as amendments of recordings; seeking clarification; recognizing and reporting problems, errors, and discrepancies to management.
* Stores completed documents by entering documents in data base.
* Prints documents by loading paper in printer; changing printing mechanisms; generating print commands.
* Distributes documents by routing to physicians for editing and approvals.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
-Knowledge of medical and surgical terminology, anatomy and physiology. Â
-Ability to transcribe a minimum of 1,000 lines per day.
-Two to three years previous experience transcribing medical reports.
-Familiarity with the standards medical reports, including discharge summaries, consultations, operative reports, pathology and radiology.